Pioneers of Riverboat Gaming: What the Past Tells Us About Today and Tomorrow
As Mississippi completes its first quarter century of gaming in 2017, there is plenty to both celebrate and consider. As one of the first regional markets to open up outside of Nevada and new Jersey, Mississippi’s jurisdictional model propelled it to a leadership position in regional gaming nationally. Now generating close to $3 billion in annual gaming revenue, Mississippi stands as a successful and resilient example of how a competitive-tax, open market regulatory model responds to the demands of an increasingly complex leisure entertainment market. In this unique session, you will hear reflections on key moments in the development of Mississippi gaming from some of its pioneers, the lessons learned, and what the past might tell us about the industry’s present and future.
- Lee Dillard, AGM/VP Finance, Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Lyle Berman, President, Berman Consulting Corp.
- Jack Binion, Founder, Horseshoe Gaming Corporation
- Tommy A. Gollott, Mississippi State Senate, District 50 - Harrison
- Timothy M. Hinkley, Former President, Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc.