Hospitality and tourism is the 4th largest industry in the State of Mississippi accounting for over 85 million direct jobs. There is a clear need for workforce development within this industry, but efforts are still being formalized. This session will include members of the gaming and tourism industry to discuss workforce needs and what is being done to address them. Attendees will hear from a wide range of experts in workforce development for hospitality, tourism and gaming.
- Gary Burrus, Jr., PH.D., Corporate Director of Human Resources, Majestic Star Casinos, LLC
- Wanda Gispert, PHR Vice President, Talent & Workforce Development, MGM Resorts International
- Dr. Ali Green, Ph.D, CHA, CHE, CHIA, Assistant Professor, University of West Florida
- Dr. Evelyn Kwan Green, Interim Chair, Dept. of Hospitality & Tourism Management, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Dr. Jason Pugh, Executive Vice President of Teaching and Learning and the Community Campus, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Wei Wang,Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Tourism, Economic Development, Tourism and Sport Management, The University of Southern Mississippi