Non-Gaming Strategies that Build Visitor Volume
Regional gaming markets are very often faced with gaming supply that is at or near the saturation point. Whenever new supply is added, existing operators argue that they mostly slice the existing pie different ways without adding to it. Self-serving as these comments might be, there is general alignment that non-gaming investments that bring new visitors to gaming markets offer a better bang for the buck. Hear from speakers in this session what non-gaming events and attractions they are focused on in order to build more gaming business for their markets and how they are working to help bring them to fruition.
- Alan L. Silver, Academic Affiliate, Nathan Associates, Inc., Assistant Professor, Restaurant, Hotel and Tourism, Ohio University
- Renée Areng, CDME, Executive Director, Visit Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Tom Hoskens, AIA, Cuningham Group Architecture
- Jonathan Jones, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Harrah's Gulf Coast
- Scott King, Vice President of Marketing & Resort Operations, Golden Nugget Casino