Commercial Gaming: State of the States
The 2016 election and the simple passage of time has brought with a host of new realities and the potential for change in issues that have long been on states’ regulatory radar, such as online gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, skill-based gaming and competitive video gaming more commonly known as e-sports, which is being evaluated as a new source of wagering in Nevada. In our annual State of the States panel, hear about the impact of the elections and what the landscape looks like from legal and regulatory authorities and experts from the southern region and nationally.
- Amy Kebert Elder, Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Bruce Bowers, Senior Public Policy Advisor, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Allen Godfrey, Executive Director, Mississippi Gaming Commission
- Ronnie Jones, Chairman, Louisiana Gaming Control Board
- Steven L. Scheinthal, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Landry's, Inc.
- William G. Somerville, Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC